Cart 0
 
For the love of Wool
Lahuro rainbow close up.jpg

A Love Affair

Textiles, Art and Design 

In this moment, it is my belief that the items we surround ourselves with, or not, inform our energy, output, and identity.  As designers, and producers it is important to us at Lahuro that the textiles, fibers and production methods we use, provide quality, unique items that engage, inspire and allow for a subtle appreciation of the moment.  Lahuro seeks to curate a collection of locally sourced supplies to provide an easy and ethically minded, well designed product line for our customers. Whether it's quilts, duvets, rugs, scarves or yarn, we want you to have a moment in which every use connects you to your surroundings. 

spinning2.jpg

Yarn

Hand dyed and Hand spun 

Options, because we are all unique.

One standard we maintain and are continually seeking to improve is the LOCAL standard. As of 2018 we are proud to announce that 50% of our hand dyed yarns, and 75% of our hand dyed/hand spun yarns will be from will be locally sourced (Greater Region) fibers. These include Jacob, Wensleydale and Gotland wools. The other 25% of our hand spun is non locally sourced Alpaca and various forms of silk. 

 


scarf 5.png

Scarves

Hand woven

Using Lahuro yarns, these beauties are designed and produced in small batches seasonally. The goal is to combine hand spun and mill spun yarns in order to provide a level of quality that mass production can't touch. The tactile experience is expressed in weight, drape and distinctly handmade details such as precise finishing techniques.  


20151016_140808.jpg

Home Textiles

Exclusive designs, Lahuro's quilts, duvets and throws are created in design batches of 3. Collaborating with client and other artists to produce absolutely unique functional fiber art pieces for snuggling in. These pieces are 99% found and up-cycled fabrics. Hand sewn individually. 

For me as owner of Lahuro, I find the process of putting these textiles together to be one of the most satisfying creative design challenges. 


 

Location

Luxembourg

 

Our studio space is located in the south of Luxembourg in the city of Esch sur Alzette.  The studio environment provides a close connection between design and production, as well as encouraging the bursts of creativity and exploration that feed inspiration.

 
 
 
 
 
 
Create your habitat, use all your senses to do it. Look, feel, taste, smell and hear; choose the objects you surround yourself with, they inform your life.
 
 
100_4231.JPG